February 12, 2020
Guava, Psidium guajava
Guava is a fruit tree grown in many tropical and subtropical regions. We utilize the leaves of the Guava tree, as the medicinal profile is highly valued across the world. Guava leaf is high in antioxidants and tannins, having a special affinity to digestion. By stimulating enzyme production, digestion is supported and the active antioxidants are able to help eliminate free radicals via the GI tract. Thus, this plant is helpful in cleansing, by gently supporting the body's natural ability to eliminate toxins. Also working with enzymes related to lowering blood sugar, Guava leaf is helpful in balancing diabetes. Known to stimulate metabolism, increase circulation, and help fight cancer, the enzymatic activity of this plant offers many avenues for health and well-being.
- Aids digestion
- Stimulates digestive enzyme production
- Allays diarrhea, dysentery, vomiting and nausea
- Soothes lungs and coughs and loosens mucus
- Relieves toothache and sores in the mouth and throat
- Lowers cholesterol and blood glucose in diabetics
- Good source of beta carotene, vitamin A, C, copper, zinc, and selenium.