Kauai Coconut Curry Pumpkin Bisque:
This high-vibration recipe is a blend of spicy and savory all in one; originally crafted from 100% Kauai-grown farm produce. Try crafting this recipe with as many local, organic, fresh ingredients as you can find and Enjoy! Ingredients: Pumpkin; Hawai'ian chili pepper
; fresh Curry leaves
; fresh Rosemary
, Kauai Farmacy Curry Blend
& Savory Blend
; fresh thyme
; fresh oregano
; 1 small lime (zest of the rind only), Coconut meat; Coconut water; Makalea spring water; local, raw, organic honey; & Hawai'ian sea salt
- First, remove the pumpkin skin with a veggie peeler.
- Next, remove the seeds & soak them in bowl filled with water to separate the seeds from the pulp (This simultaneously plumps up the seeds) – This can later be used to make Spicy Pepitas for a light snack or to garnish your bisque (Spicy Pepita Recipe)
- Chop pumpkin into cube size chunks & place in slow-cooker with approximately 1 inch of water blanketing the top of the pumpkin cubes; Add 1 tsp Kauai Farmacy Savory Blend; 2-3 pinches of Hawai'ian sea salt; and the supple parts of 1 Rosemary sprig; for 4-6 hours on low, or until tender.
- Open 4-ish semi-mature coconuts; Blend soft-ish coconut meat and coconut water with 1 full shoot of curry leaves (raw); 3 tablespoons Curry Blend; 1 teaspoon Savory Blend; 5-6 stripped fresh thyme sprigs; 1/2 of fresh, raw, Hawaii'ian chili pepper (no seeds); 3 tablespoons of Raw, Organic Local Honey; grated lime zest from 1 small lime; and Hawai'ian Sea Salt (to taste); blend until smooth (add spring water to get to a milk-like consistency if needed).
- Place slow-cooked pumpkin cubes into blender & slowly add in Spring water until the soup becomes a mash consistency; Add Coconut Milk Mixture to thin mash; blend into a creamy soup consistency.
- Garnish with fresh stripped Thyme – Alternative option: garnish with home-made Pepitas.
- Serve hot or chilled
- Makes 6-8 servings
#eatlocal #farmgrown #organic #morganic #meals #when #possible & #feelmorealive