Mint, Mentha spp.
Mint is a perennial plant that was indigenous to Europe, and now widely cultivated all over the world. There are several different types of mint and most species prefer moist soils in full sun or partial shade. Mint is a common herb and flavoring that offers many medicinal benefits. A likely favorite, its cool and refreshing flavor ignites the senses and acts as a natural aphrodisiac. Whether it is used for nausea, headaches, nervousness, respiratory issues, digestion, or as an antibacterial, Mint is tasty herb that is sure to create an overall sense of well-being. We grow: peppermint, spearmint and chocolate mint!
- Helps digestion
- Soothes an upset stomach
- Helps with nausea
- Reduces excessive heat in the body
- Fights colds, flu and coughs
- Reduces fevers
- Helps with Irritable Bowel Syndrome where there is pain, bloating, and diarrhea
- Aids menstrual pain, muscle aches and soreness
- Soothes the respiratory tract
- Allays headaches and migraines
- Offers mental clarity